How to get rid of stretch marks: Stretch marks are nothing but the visible lines on the surface of the skin having an off-color hue. Stretch marks are mostly identified on the abdominal wall but which can also occur on the thighs, buttocks, upper arms, and breasts.
In some cases, large areas of the body can also cover with stretch marks. The main cause behind the stretch marks is pregnancy. While other reasons include sudden loss or gain in weight, stress and other changes in the physical conditions, heredity factors, rapid growth.
Mainly our skin contains three layers: Outer layer(Epidermis), Middle Layer(Dermis), Deepest layer(Hypodermic or Subcutaneous). Due to rapid contraction and expansion of the skin, the connective tissue stretches more than its flexibility. Then, the stretch marks will form in the middle layer of the skin.
When the skin stretched, the collagen becomes weak. As a result, the normal production cycle of the collagen will get damaged. Then, fine scars will appear below the top layer of the skin. Initially, the scars or marks looks either pink or red but the time goes on, silvery lines will appear on the skin surface. When someone grows in weight quickly, then the stretch marks will occur on a surface of the skin.
These stretch marks will make you feel uncomfortable with your appearance. But we have many natural ways to reduce the stretch marks appearance.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch marks
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is effective for various skin problems treatment that includes wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, pimples, age spots, moles. Along with all these conditions, it can also be used to get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply some amount of castor oil on the stretch marks and massage the areas gently in circular motions for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wrap the stretch marks area with a cotton cloth. Use either a hot water bottle or heating pad to apply on the affected areas for a half an hour.
- Repeat this procedure daily for a period of one month to identify the positive results.
[Read more: Home remedies for pimple marks]
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is an excellent ingredient for the treatment of many skin problems. The healing and soothing properties of aloe vera can also help to get rid of stretch marks. There are two ways to apply aloe vera on the stretch marks.
- The first way, rub the aloe vera gel directly on the affected area of the skin. Leave the gel for 15 minutes and clean the skin with warm water.
- Another way is to prepare a mixture with oil from 10 Vitamin E capsules & 5 Vitamin A capsules and 1/4th cup of aloe vera gel. Rub this concoction on the skin until it absorbs fully. Continue this process daily.
3. Egg Whites
An egg is a rich source of Proteins and amino acids. To remove stretch marks, use only egg whites.
- Beat two egg whites gently with the help of a fork. Wash the affected skin with water thoroughly. Then, coat a thick layer of this paste on the skin with a makeup brush.
- Allow the egg whites to dry your skin completely and then clean the area with cool water.
- At last, apply some amount of olive oil on the skin for keeping it hydrate.
- Repeat this method for at least two weeks to notice the positive results.
[Also read: Natural remedies to lighten dark neck]
4. Lemon Juice
Another simple remedy to remove stretch marks is lemon juice. The acidic nature of lemon juice helps to reduce stretch marks, Pimples & Acne Scars.
- Massage lemon juice on the stretch marks gently in circular motions. Allow it to absorbs into your skin for 10 minutes. After drying, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Another way is to combine cucumber and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this blend on your stretch marks.
[Also read: How to remove unwanted facial hair]
Among the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks, white sugar is one. You can use the sugar for exfoliating the skin.
- Mix few drops of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of raw sugar, and some amount of almond oil. Now apply this mixture on the stretch marks and any other skin affected areas.
- Rub this mixture on stretch marks area for 5 minutes every day before going to take a shower.
- Do this remedy for one month to observe lightening of your stretch marks.
[Must read: Best treatment for dry lips]
6. Potato Juice
Potato juice is packed with several minerals and vitamins that can promote growth and skin cells restoration.
- Take a medium sized potato and make into thick slices.
- Now, pick one slice and rub it on the stretch marks for some time. Make sure, potato starch covers the affected areas or not.
- Leave the potato juice to dry and then rinse it off with warm water.
[Read more: How to avoid blackheads]
Alfalfa leaves consist of eight required amin acids which are good for skin health. Also, they are rich in Vitamins E & K, proteins which help for nourishing the skin.
- Prepare a paste with some alfalfa powder and some drops of chamomile oil.
- Massage this paste on your stretch marks for two or three times in a day.
- Repeat this process ever day for a few weeks until you notice an improvement.
[Read more: How to reduce white hair naturally]
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa Butter is also an effective remedy for treating stretch marks fastly. This natural moisturizer nourishes your skin and reduces stretch marks from the middle layer of skin.
- You must use cocoa butter to apply on the affected skin for at least two times in a day.
- Alternatively, mix 1/2 cup of cocoa butter, one tbsp each of apricot kernel oil & vitamin E oil, 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil, 2 tsp of grated beeswax. Steep this mixture until beeswax melts. You can store this concoction in a refrigerator by placing it in an airtight vessel. Apply this blend on your stretch marks regularly for 2 or 3 times. This remedy will make your skin smooth and more hydrated.
[Read more: Do dark circles fade away with home remedies]
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil is loaded with various antioxidants and nutrients that help to improve skin conditions like stretch marks.
- Take some extra virgin olive oil and massage it on your stretch marks. This promotes blood circulation and reduces the stretch marks.
- Leave the oil on your skin for half an hour so that the vitamins can quickly absorb into your skin.
- You can also use mixture prepared with vinegar and water. Use this blend as a night cream for exfoliating and moisturizing the skin.
[Read more: How to prevent dry skin naturally]
Hydrating the body is more important to protect our skin from several types of skin problems. It also helps in detoxification, restoring elasticity.
According to Experts, drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is the best way for keeping our body hydrated. Following this way can make your skin smooth and soft. Also, it helps to maintain elasticity normal. Another advice by experts is to avoid coffee, tea, and soda.
These are the natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks fast. Of course, they may not remove them completely but helps to fade away stretch marks greatly. You can also contact doctor it you greatly bother about your appearance.