- 1 Home Remedies for Hiccups
- 1.1 Can I consume Peanut Butter to get rid of hiccups?
- 1.2 Sugar – A Natural Remedy for Hiccups
- 1.3 Yogurt – One of the ways to stop hiccups
- 1.4 Water – A Remedy for Hiccups
- 1.5 Lemon as a Treatment for Hiccups
- 1.6 How Cardamom stop hiccups?
- 1.7 Use Honey Cure for Hiccups
- 1.8 Breath to a paper bag to stop Hiccups
- 1.9 Ginger – A treatment for Hiccups
- 1.10 Drink Upside Down for getting Rid of Hiccups
- 1.11 Hold your Breath
Hiccup is a very common problem for all. Most of the people will suffer from hiccups. But they don’t know how to stop hiccups at home. May you tried a lot of tips to get rid of hiccups, but the process of application may vary. Here we have provided the home remedies for hiccups. Make a look at them to stop continuous hiccups.
[Also Read: Home remedies for Pimples]
What is Hiccup?
Everyone will suffer from Hiccups. The hiccup occurs due to the brief and involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle. It means the muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen will lead to hiccup. It may occur several times per minute.
A bout of hiccups occurs for few minutes. Sometimes hiccups may persist for few hours. If you can’t stop continuous hiccups, consult your doctor.
There are many causes of hiccups. If we discuss internal reasons irritation of the nerves that extend from the neck to the chest can cause hiccups. There are various external reasons for having hiccups. Let’s have a look the reasons for hiccups and check the Home Remedies for Hiccups.
[Must read: Remove facial hair naturally]
Reason for Hiccup
There are various reasons for continuous hiccups. Here we have provided some reasons for hiccups.
- Consuming excessive Alcohol.
- Over Eating.
- Eating Too fast.
- Consuming Spicy Food.
- Swallowing air while eating something.
Home Remedies for Hiccups
Hiccups is a problem which can we treat at home. To stop hiccup, you need to do is go to the kitchen pick one of the product we have listed and follow the instructions and get rid of the hiccup at home.
- Peanut Butter.
- Breath to a paper bag.
- Drink Upside Down.
- Hold your Breath.
Can I consume Peanut Butter to get rid of hiccups?
Using peanut butter to stop hiccups is an old time remedy and proven tip to cure hiccup. The sticky consistency hiccups will interrupt the pattern of your breath.
[Must read: Home remedies to treat kidney stones]
Once the pattern has changed you will definitely stop hiccups. So check how to treat hiccups with peanut butter.
Peanut treatment for getting rid of Hiccups
- Take a full spoon of peanut butter.
- Hold this peanut butter in your mouth.
- Swallow it without chewing it.
- Drink Water if necessary.
Sugar – A Natural Remedy for Hiccups
A sweet & tasty Sugar will help you to get rid of Hiccups at home. Swallowing sugar will help you to get rid of hiccups easily. Sugar stimulates the vagus nerve so that body will forget about the hiccups.
Especially it works in the case of children. Children cannot follow hard thing to stop their hiccups. As sugar is sweet, they can quickly adopt this remedy for hiccups.
[Also Read: Home remedies for dry hair]
When you feel hiccups, the thing you need to do is go to the kitchen pick spoonful of sugar. So look at the process and easily get rid of hiccups at home.
A tablespoon of Sugar.
How to use Sugar to reduce Hiccups?
- Take a spoon of brown sugar or white sugar.
- Hold the sugar spoon for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Allow it to melt the sugar in your mouth.
- Take a sip of water.
[Must read: Dark circles under eyes]
Yogurt – One of the ways to stop hiccups
If you don’t have anything in your kitchen except yogurt, don’t worry. Yogurt is enough to cure hiccups at home.
If your vagus nerve is stimulated, then you will no longer suffer from hiccups. Yogurt is one of the medicines for hiccups. Don’t you want to try yogurt is as continuous hiccups remedy?
- Pinch of Salt.
Use Yogurt as a hiccups treatment at home
- Take a cup of fresh yogurt.
- Mix teaspoon of salt and stir it well
- Eat this yogurt slowly.
- After a couple of seconds, you will get rid of hiccups.
[Also Read: Home remedies for cracked heels]
Water – A Remedy for Hiccups
Consuming water regularly is good for health, is a known fact to all. As well as it also helps to get rid of hiccups in adults and children.
Giving shock to your system through cold water will stop your hiccups easily. It means shocking is one of the treatments for Hiccups. Giving a shock will help you to get rid of hiccups. So try this for getting rid of hiccups.
- Cool Water.
[Must read: Home remedies for dark lips]
How to consume Coldwater to get rid of non-stop hiccups?
- Mix a teaspoon of honey in chilled water.
- Drink chilled water at once.
- This will give the shock to your system, and hiccups will stop.
You can also drink chilled water using a paper towel.
Hold the Ice Cube in your mouth for a couple of seconds for getting rid of severe hiccup treatment.
Lemon as a Treatment for Hiccups
Lemon is a common household product used to get rid of hiccups. The citric acid in the lemon will help as medicine for the hiccups.
The sour taste of lemon will irritate the system and nerves which stop hiccups naturally.
How to eat lemon to stop hiccups at home?
- Squeeze the fresh the lemon juice.
- Hold the lemon juice spoon in your mouth for few seconds.
- The extra sour flavor will help you to get rid of hiccups easily.
- If you can’t hold the juice in your mouth, then you can swallow at once.
- This will stimulate your Vegas nerve and stop hiccups.
[Also Read: Home remedies for Dandruff]
How Cardamom stop hiccups?
People using cardamom from ancient times. It means it is the remedy for old times to cure hiccups.
Cardamom has a muscle relaxing property. Hence it is the best cure hiccups.
Cardamom – One of the natural remedies for Hiccups
- Take 15-20 Cardamom seeds and make it a powder.
- Add a teaspoon of cardamom powder to a glass of hot water.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Strain it well.
- Drink this liquid slowly.
Use Honey Cure for Hiccups
Have you ever thought honey can solve hiccups? Honey will disturb the vagus nerve and help to get rid of hiccups.
Honey also works as an infection fighter and cough soother. As well as it will tickle the vagus nerve. As a result, hiccups will stop.
[Must read: How to treat split ends at home?]
How to use Honey to stop hiccups at home ?
- Take a glass of lukewarm water.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the water and stir it well.
- Put the liquid to the back of the tongue and swallow it.
- Potentially honey will stop hiccups soon.
Breath to a paper bag to stop Hiccups
Breathing into a paper bag is one of the best home remedies for Hiccups. This is an old age remedy which will cure hiccups easily.
- Take a paper bag and tightly press the bag around your mouth.
- Blow in and out.
- Repeat this process several times.
[Also Read: Get rid of blackheads naturally]
This remedy is not recommended for the people having heart strokes. Moreover, you can apply this remedy based on your comfort level.
Ginger – A treatment for Hiccups
Ginger is one home remedy which has a capacity of curing various diseases. You can add ginger to your regular diet so that you can prevent yourself from various seasonal diseases.
As well as ginger also helps to treat the continuous hiccups. If you are searching answer for the question “What to do to stop hiccups ?”, then Ginger is the best answer for that.
We know, distracting the system is the best remedy for stopping hiccups. As ginger tastes bitter, it will stop hiccups easily.
[Must read: Tips for glowing skin]
Ginger Cure for Hiccups
- Take a small piece of ginger and peel it off.
- Chew the ginger gradually and swallow it.
- After few minutes drink water if needed.
- It will help you to stop continuous hiccups at home.
Drink Upside Down for getting Rid of Hiccups
Drinking water upside down is one of the home remedies for Hiccups. Cold water will disturb your system. As a result, your hiccups will automatically stop.
When it comes to home remedy for hiccups, water is the first comes in mind. So drinking water is the primary thing to get rid of Hiccups.
Water to stop Continuous Hiccups
- Take a glass of Cold Water.
- Bend your waist down.
- Drink water is putting the glass in the opposite direction.
- Gradually drink the water and soon your hiccups will stop.
- Repeat this process, if required.
[Also Read: Home remedies for Acidity]
Hold your Breath
Can you stay for a couple of seconds without breathing? If you want to get rid of hiccups, you should hold your breath for few seconds.
Holding breath will increase the carbon dioxide level in the blood which creates the distraction in the system.
- Take a deep breath and hold if for few seconds.
- Hold the breath until you can hold without letting air out.
- Exhale the breath in a gentle manner.
- Inhale the breath, again hold it.
- Repeat this process until your get relief from hiccup.
Hiccups are the common problem for all. Once in a lifetime, you will have suffered from these hiccups. Whenever your vegas nerve is disturbed, you will have hiccups.
This is a problem where we cannot go to the doctor and get the treatment. It means we need to follow some home remedies for Hiccups. We have provided some list of methods to cure hiccups at home. We hope these remedies will work and give a good result.