Every woman has a fantasy of thick silky, shiny hair. But the daily routine and increase of pollution have gifted the dry hair! That awful gift of dry hair worry women a lot. Are you among those women who worry about dry hair? You might have tried a lot to get over dry hair. But you might have missed these home remedies for dry hair. So, have a look at them.
Easy Home Remedies for Dry Hair
Hair with low moisture levels is Dry Hair. How hair gets dryness…? Here is the answer. Hair is made of three layers. The outer hair protects the inner layers. When the outer layer is damaged, you will get dry and dull hair. Too much of dryness in hair leads to breakage. When the hair breaks, the tip of the hair starts splitting. The divisions of hair strands make your hair look messy.
[Also read: Tips to get rid of Double chin]
Before going to find the solution for dry hair, you should know the reason for dry hair. There are various reasons that cause dry hair. Here we have provided some reasons of dry hair. So have a look these reasons and find out the solution according to your type.
What causes dry Hair?
Dry hair is mainly due to the damage of the outer layer of the hair which is called as the cuticle. The cuticle protects the inner layers of hair by covering the whole surface of the hair. It gives the hair a smooth and shining appearance. When you wash the hair with shampoo, the cuticle opens. Thereby creating a way for damaging the hair.
[Must read: Manicure at home]
Dry hair occurs due to
- Irregular moisturizing.
- Exposure to the sun for a long time.
- Swimming in chlorinated water.
- Usage of chemical products and styling products continuously.
- Underactive thyroid.
- Regular use of dryers and blowers.
These are all the external factors that cause dry hair. Avoiding external factors is easy than the internals with some solutions for dry hair.
Effective Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Hair
The natural treatment for dry hair is the best way than with chemical products. It doesn’t mean that you go and get all the herbs and leaves from the forest. Just go to your kitchen and grab the natural products like olive oil, coconut oil, honey, etc. Prepare the below dry hair remedies with them and have the best results.
[Must read: Whitening Teeth Naturally]
Moisturize with olive Oil – A Natural Tip for Smoothen Hair
The first and foremost thing you need to do is moisturizing the hair. Unless and until you use a moisturizer for your dry and frizzy hair, you cannot get the best result. With this, you may arise a question like “What are the home remedies to moisturize dry hair?” If you have this question then Olive oil is the best answer. So, look at the process of moisturizing the hair with olive oil is given below.
Olive Oil – the Best Moisturizer
- Take some warm olive oil and apply it on the scalp.
- Have a gentle massage.
- .Wrap the hair with a clean towel and let it work for 45 minutes of duration.
- Now, have a shower with a good shampoo.
Egg mask as a Home remedy for dry hair
Eggs are rich in proteins that are essential for health and hair. When you treat your dry hair with eggs, your hair gets some proteins for its growth and healthy looks. Eggs work wonders on dry hair and damaged hair. There are many egg masks for the treatment of dry hair. Two of the egg masks are here.
Egg and Water Mask to get rid of Dry Hair
- Take the egg white and some water.
- Mix them well and apply the mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Massage the scalp gently with your fingertips in circular motions for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash the hair with a mild shampoo and fresh water.
- Do this once a week for good results.
Egg and Honey as a natural dry hair Treatment
- Make a mixture of three eggs, one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to the hair and cover with the shower cap.
- Let it rest for 15minutes.
- Take a shower with lukewarm water.
- Follow this home remedy to get soft shiny and silky hair.
Banana treatment for dry hair
You can use Banana as one of the Home remedies for dry hair. Banana is rich in potassium and moisture content. Treating your dry hair with bananas, it nourishes the hair and provides potassium. The potassium helps the hair to have elasticity and prevents split ends. So try this banana home remedies for dry hair at home.
- Mash a ripe banana.
- Apply the mashed banana on the hair and spread it evenly from root to tip.
- Leave it for an hour and wash the hair with lukewarm water.
- Do this once a week for better results.
- Make a mixture of a ripe or overripe banana, one tablespoon of almond oil, two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the hair and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair with lukewarm water.
- Do this once for a week to have silky and shiny hair.
Aloe vera dry hair remedy
A proved fact is that aloe vera is a natural moisturizer. It provides moisture for skin and also for hair. Aloe vera mask promotes hair growth, luster and maintains the pH balance of the scalp. Home Remedies for dry hair with aloe vera are the best ones.
[Must read: Best 3 Tips to get rid of the Teeth Stains]
Can I use Aloe Vera to get rid of Dry Hair?
- Apply some aloe vera juice directly on the hair and wash it after 15 minutes.
Aloe Vera gel and Yogurt as a home remedy for dry hair treatment
- Mix four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of coconut oil and three tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on the hair.
- Let it rest for some time and wash it off with plenty of water.
Aloe vera and hibiscus mask for dry hair
- Make a mixture of 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of hibiscus flowers paste, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture after the shower as a moisturizer.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off with water.
Avocado is one of the best home remedies for dry damaged hair. The saturated fats, Vitamin A and E, proteins and many other minerals in Avocado are helpful for dry and damaged hair. Avocado also helps in moisturizing the hair and also strengthens the hair strands.
Avocado and yogurt for dry hair conditioning
- Mix one ripe avocado, yogurt into a smooth paste.
- Apply it directly on the hair and let it rest for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Repeat this twice a week for better results.
Avocado with coconut milk and olive oil for dry hair treatment
[Also read: How to Brush Your Teeth ? ]
- Take the inner part of the avocado and add 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 1 tbsp of olive and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to the roots and hair strands.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap for 15minutes.
- Wash off the hair with lukewarm water.
The Vinegar home remedies for dry hair
Vinegar can be used as a home treatment for dry hair. From the past centuries, Vinegar is used as a conditioning agent. Both vinegar and apple cider vinegar works on the outer layer of the hair. Vinegar restores the cuticle opening and protects the hair. It also cleans the roots of the hair. Hence, you will be free from dandruff, scalp itching. So, it is better to use vinegar after shampooing the hair. Below is the process of using the vinegar home remedies for dry hair.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar or apple cider vinegar with 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Apply this mixture after the shower with shampoo.
- Rinse the vinegar mixture till the end of the hair.
- Now, wash it off with water.
Sage Herb is one of the home remedies for dry hair. The sage leaves are used in Ayurvedic medicines from ancient times. Sage leaves are the rich sources of magnesium, zinc, potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C. The properties of antibacterial, antioxidant, astringent are present in the sage leaves. So, the sage herb makes a good remedy for the soothing treatment of dry and damaged hair.
[Must read: Oily skin remedies]
Sage leaves as a hair treatment for dry hair at home
- Add sage leaves to boiling water.
- Let the leaves settle down and the water gets cool. Strain the water.
- After washing the hair with shampoo, apply the sage rinse to the hair from root to tip.
- You may wash the hair with water or you may not use. Since the sage herb is aromatic, it is not so much necessary to wash.
These are some of the best homemade tips for dry hair. Follow these home remedies regularly to get better and faster results.
Intake of nutritious food
Apart from these remedies, you need to take the nutritional diet. Without the intake of required nutrients, no remedy works faster. Some of the foods that you need to eat for healthy hair are:
- Flax seeds.
- Lots of water.
- Dairy products
- Green leafy vegetables, fruits, sweet potatoes, etc.
Along with these foods, you need to exercise regularly for healthy hair.
How to cure dry hair – basic tips
Along with the diet, remedies, you should maintain your hair regularly with some basic and simple tips.
[Also Read: Home remedies for glowing skin]
Avoid the causes of dry hair
- When you swim in the chlorinated water, the chlorine gets stuck at the roots of the hair. It prevents moisture, nutrients, from the cells to reach the outer part of the hair. This makes the hair dry and dull. So, remember to wear a cap while swimming.
- Keep trimming the hair at the ends to avoid splits and dryness.
- Do not use dryers too much for the purpose of drying your wet hair. Allow the hair to dry naturally.
Brushing the hair
- Use the hair brushes with natural teeth rather than plastic teeth. The plastic generates static electricity when brushed. This makes the hair brittle.
- Brush the ends of the hair first to remove the tangles. This will prevent the breakage of hair when you take a full stroke from the roots directly.
Choose the one remedy with the handy products and follow it regularly to get the result faster. As already said, not only remedies, regular diet, exercise and some basic protections for hair are important for healthy hair.