- 1 Home remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows
- 1.1 Lemon Juice to remove dark spots on knees and elbows
- 1.2 Baking Soda & Milk to eliminate darkness of elbows and knees
- 1.3 Gram Flour – An excellent solution for dark knees and elbows
- 1.4 Olive oil and sugar scrub to whiten dark skin on elbows
- 1.5 Aloe vera gel for darker elbows and knees
- 1.6 Few more tips for preventing black knees and elbows
Are you ashamed with your dark knees and elbows? Build up of dead skin cells is the major cause of this problem. But, Don’t fret. When you use an exfoliating technique, all your skin darkness will be reduced. There are several exfoliating agents that can help to get rid of dark knees and elbows at home itself.
Home remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows
Generally, the skin around the knees and elbows is thicker than the surrounding areas skin. Also, these parts don’t contain oil glands. Hence, they become dry easily, and dark patches and spots will occur on the skin. Therefore, one should maintain proper skin care. Why are my knees and elbows dark? The causes of the dark knees and elbows include excessive rubbing, sun exposure, high melanin pigment, hormonal imbalances.
Most of the youngers are avoiding to wear sleeves and shorts due to this skin problem. So, all are using some parlor treatments and some artificial creams. But they may cause irritation and burning sensation if they are not suitable for your skin. Hence, instead of going to parlors, use these natural remedies for dark elbows and knees.
How to remove dark knees and elbows naturally? The top 5 solutions for dark knees and elbows include the following home ingredients.
- Lemon juice.
- Baking soda and milk.
- Gram flour, turmeric, and milk.
- Olive oil and sugar scrub.
- Aloe vera gel.
Lemon Juice to remove dark spots on knees and elbows
To get rid of dark knees and elbows, exfoliating the skin is more important. Lemon is the perfect solution for dark knees and elbows due to its bleaching and exfoliating properties. We know that lemon is rich in Vitamin c, hence it removes the dead cells. Also, the lightening properties of lemon help to fade away darkness and lighten the skin. The citric acid present in lemon helps for healthy cells regeneration. Hence, use lemon juice for dark elbows and knees treatment.
How to lighten dark knees and elbows naturally with lemon?
- Cut a large lemon in the middle and extract the juice from the two halves.
- Now you left with two lemon cup like shells.
- Rub these lemon cups on your dark elbows and knees until the lemon pulp is over.
- Leave the pulp on your skin for at least 1 hour.
- After, cleanse the rubbed areas with warm water.
- Since lemon may cause dryness, it’s better to apply some petroleum jelly or other moisturizers to keep your skin smooth.
- Repeat this natural remedy for a couple of weeks to see a significant result.
[Read more: How to whiten black neck]
Baking Soda & Milk to eliminate darkness of elbows and knees
Accumulation of dead skin cells can make your skin dark. What to do for preventing darkness of elbows and knees? Baking soda with milk is an excellent combo for whitening the dark knees and elbows. Often, baking soda is a great exfoliator. Hence, it scrubs away the dead skin cells while milk contains lactic acid which can reduce skin pigmentation. So, the combination of both these ingredients can lighten the dark knees and elbows fastly.
How to clear dark knees and elbows quickly with baking soda?
- Take baking soda and milk in equal proportions.
- Mix these two ingredients very well to form a thick paste.
- Rub this paste on your dark spots in circular motions with your fingertips.
- After, wash the skin with lukewarm water.
- Continue this home remedy daily or on alternate days until you see improvement in color.
[Read more: How to get rid of dark circles under eyes]
Gram Flour – An excellent solution for dark knees and elbows
How to lighten up black knees and elbows fastly? The best natural home ingredient to get rid of dark elbows and knees is gram flour or besan. It contains various essential minerals, vitamins, and proteins. By exfoliating with this ingredient, all the dead skin cells will remove and makes your skin lighter. To obtain fast results, you can mix this besan with milk and turmeric. The turmeric is a natural bleaching agent that can help to reduce melanin in the skin. Also, the milk will whiten the dirty elbows, and knees fast. Hence, the combination of all these three ingredients is a perfect solution to clear dark skin of elbows.
How to whiten elbows naturally with gram flour?
- First, boil the high-fat milk.
- Then, add half a tbsp of turmeric powder and a cup of gram flour to that boiled milk.
- Mix these home ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Rub this paste on the dark skin under elbows and knees.
- After rubbing, allow the mixture to settle on the skin for at least 10 minutes.
- Then, clean the skin with lukewarm water.
- Do this dark knee and elbow treatment every day for 2 weeks to notice the change.
[Read more: How to remove blackheads overnight]
Olive oil and sugar scrub to whiten dark skin on elbows
How to get rid of dark spots on knees and elbows? The best dark knees and elbows solution is olive oil and sugar scrub. Olive oil is an excellent emollient. Hence, it hydrates the skin under elbows and knees. Plus, the sugar granules exfoliate the dead skin cells and give a natural glow to your elbows and knees. Hence, this amalgam will eliminate the dark spots on elbows and knees.
How to use this natural scrub to get rid of dark knees and elbows?
- Take olive oil and granulated sugar in equal quantities.
- Mix them to form a scrubbing paste.
- Rub this mixture on the black areas in circular motions using your fingertips for 5 minutes.
- After rubbing, let the mixture on the skin for some time.
- Then, rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use this simple home remedy daily until your dark elbows and knees turn to white.
[Also read: Home remedies for dark lips]
Aloe vera gel for darker elbows and knees
How to get rid of dark patches on knees? Aloe vera contains the skin whitening properties, exfoliating properties. Hence, it removes the dead skin cells and improves your skin tone. Also, the oils present in aloe vera can moisturize your dry skin that caused due to sun exposure. Even the dark patches on the skin of elbows and knees are also reduced. Due to all these reasons, aloe vera is the best home remedy to get rid of dark knees and elbows. Often, it prevents further occurrence of blackness on the skin of your elbows.
How to lighten knees naturally using aloe vera?
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Spread this gel on the dirty elbows and knees.
- Let it settle on the skin for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment for ashy knees once or twice in a day for a few days.
[Also read: How to prevent dry skin naturally]
Few more tips for preventing black knees and elbows
Along with home remedies for dark elbows and knees, follow these natural ways to prevent knee and elbow blackness.
- Apply moisturizers and lotions after taking a shower to prevent dryness and friction.
- Use a pumice stone to reduce dark knees.
- Use sunscreens to avoid the sun damage.
- Prefer a loofah or exfoliating brush during shower.
- Don’t scrub too much as it may cause your skin dry.
- Always opt for natural bleaching products rather than chemical products.
These are the natural dark elbows and knees solutions. Since these are mostly available ingredients in our home, you can use them without spending any investment. Daily usage of these home remedies can get rid of dark knees and elbows quickly. So, try them and notice the improvement in skin color.