Many deadly diseases are prevailing in the today’s world. One among the life taking diseases is Dengue Fever. You can be free from the dengue disease with the treatments for dengue fever given in this article.
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease by the dengue virus. The virus is of different kinds. A person with one type of the infection will have a lifetime immunity. But he/she will have only a short time resistance for the other types. Immediate attack of the other types to the same person increases the complications and risk of life.
[Read more: treatment for asthma]
What are the treatments for Dengue Fever?
Before going to know the treatments for dengue, it is better that you know about the occurrence, causes, and symptoms of the dengue fever.
What is Dengue Fever and What Causes it?
Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease that is spreading all over the world. The severe form of the dengue fever is called the Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. The female mosquitoes of the Aedes Aegypti species transmit the virus. This mosquito is also a vector for yellow fever, chikungunya, Zika virus. The virus of Dengue is widespread throughout the tropics, localities with heavy rainfall, temperature, and regions without cleanliness.
[Read more: treatment for the migraines]
There are four serotypes of the virus that causes dengue. They are DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, and DEN-4. When you recover from one type of the infection by one serotype, you will have a lifetime immunity for that serotype. Subsequent infections by the other serotypes show a high risk of the severe attack of the disease.
Early Symptoms of Dengue
Till now, we have known about the disease. But how can you identify the presence of the virus of dengue in your body? You can determine the symptoms for dengue fever only after the duration of 3 to 14 days. The time from which the virus enters your body and you observing the symptoms is the incubation period.
[Read more: Signs of depression]
The symptoms that you find after the dengue virus enters your body are the following.
- High Fever
- Muscle and joint pains.
- Skin rashes like in measles.
[Learn how to get rid of knee pain?]
The severe complications that occur when the virus spreads more in the body are:
- Bleeding from the mucous membrane of mouth and nose.
- Decrease in the number of platelets.
- Blood plasma leakage.
- Dengue shock syndrome (sudden drop in the blood pressure).
- Failure in the circulatory system.
- Liver enlargement.
Some other symptoms of dengue are high body temperature of nearly 1040 F or 400 Celsius. Eyes turn red and swelling of the lymph nodes in the groin and neck.
How to prevent the spread of dengue
The best treatment for dengue fever is prevention. Preventing the growth of mosquitoes in your living area is a cure for dengue fever. Along with the mosquito prevention, try to cover your skin mostly during nights. Apply the mosquito repellant creams to your legs, hands and outer part of your clothing. This may avoid the mosquitoes coming near to you.
[Read more: home remedies for acidity]
Get rid of the mosquitoes
As many of the people know that a mosquito lives in the stagnant water and expands its number. So wherever the water is stagnant around your living area, it forms a room for the mosquito. From this, you can understand that you should not leave the water uncovered. Hence, the best solution for preventing the growth of the mosquitoes is to avoid stagnant water.
Some other prevention steps are:
Try these preventive measures
- Be sure to wear long trousers/pants, long sleeves, and socks in the areas with mosquitoes.
- Use the mosquito repellants.
- Try to arrange the mosquito nets in the house.
- Use window screens or netting.
- Avoid wandering outside in the evening times.
- Remove stagnant water.
Along with the knowledge of prevention, you should know how to treat dengue fever. People go for medical treatments for dengue fever.
You can also treat the illness of dengue with some home remedies. The home remedies relieve you from the symptoms of the dengue fever. Look at the list of the treatments for dengue in the below section.
Home Treatments for Dengue Fever
If you are already with the dengue disease, try the below home remedies for dengue fever. These solutions help you have a quick recovery.
The Papaya Leaf Juice
Some studies say that the papaya leaf juice is one of the best treatments for dengue fever. Papaya leaves are rich in the enzymes of papain and chymopapain. The enzymes normalize the platelet count, and also deals with blood clotting. They heal the damage of the liver made by the dengue virus. The proteins also stimulate the immune system.
- Take the fresh papaya leaves and remove the veins.
- Make the paste out of the leaves by adding cold water.
- Get the juice from the paste by filtering it.
- Drink the papaya leaf juice four times a day.
Limitations of the papaya use
- If you are a pregnant or undergoing breastfeeding.
- When there was a surgery done to you.
- Allergic to the papain enzyme and the latex in the leaf of papaya.
[Read more: Home Remedies for fair skin]
The Neem Leaf treatments for dengue fever
The neem leaves are very useful in treating the dengue fever. Follow the steps below to make use of the neem leaves remedy for dengue disease.
How to prepare the neem treatment for dengue?
- Take fresh neem leaves and a bowl of cold water.
- Grind the leaves with the water and make into a paste.
- Filter the juice from the mixture.
- Drink 10 ml of the neem juice for about three to four times a day.
Barley grass for dengue
- As the most serious effect of the virus is a decrease in the platelet number, use the barley remedy.
- Barley grass significantly increases the count of blood platelet by stimulating the production of more blood cells.
- Drink the barley tea or eat the barley grass alone to increase the platelet count in your body.
- The grass increases the immunity against dengue hemorrhagic fever and other serious complications.
Treatments for Dengue Fever with Basil Leaves
The traditional basil (tulsi) leaves are a good treatment for all types of diseases. They also cure the dengue fever with their antibacterial properties. So, have a look at the procedure for basil leaves remedy preparation.
- Take 15 fresh basil leaves and boil them in water.
- Rest the solution till the temperature gets normal.
- Drink the solution for about three to four times in a day.
- You can also eat the leaves alone without boiling them.
You should not consume the basil if you have the bleeding disorder. The basil leaves reduce the blood clotting and hence bleeding increases. When your blood pressure is low, you should not eat the basil leaves as it may lower the pressure further.
[Read more: Healthy habits]
The Coriander leaves medicine for dengue fever
Coriander is one of the best treatments for Dengue fever. The leaves of cilantro help to increase the immunity power of the patient. It reduces the high temperature that occurs due to the virus present in the body. The coriander is a rich source of vitamins such as niacin, beta-carotene, folic acid, riboflavin that are essential for health.
So, you can add the coriander in your regular diet. Have a look at the procedure for the preparation of the medicine for dengue.
- Wash the coriander leaves thoroughly.
- Add the leaves and water to a blender.
- Take out the juice of coriander leaves.
- Drink the solution as many times as possible.
Drink plenty of water
As high fever is a symptom of dengue fever, excess water intake helps to reduce the level of temperature. The increased temperature level causes dehydration and also affects the blood circulation. So, it is important that you drink lots of water to hydrate your body. Excess water intake will reduce the symptoms like joint pains and headaches. Water eliminates the toxins present in the body.
The main components of blood vessels are protein and water. When your platelet count is less, excess water intake helps to increase the number. You can also drink the lemon juice or orange juice, etc. that contribute to keeping your body hydrated.
These are the natural treatments for dengue fever that you can take at home. These remedies help you to ease the symptoms of the virus. Along with the natural therapies, you need to take the medical treatments as a cure for dengue fever.The medical cures for dengue fever are the following.
Medication for Dengue
To diagnose correctly, a doctor takes the symptoms into consideration and take the blood sample. The doctor performs some tests on the blood sample for detecting the dengue virus. If he/she finds the presence of the virus, he then gives the medication. If there is no identity of the virus in your body, there are some other tests to confirm the absence. They are the following.
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay)
- HI assay (hemagglutination inhibition assay)
- RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction)
When the doctor identifies the virus, then he starts the treatments for dengue fever. The doctor treats the dengue patients with analgesics and acetaminophen. Analgesics relieves the pain. Acetaminophen is helpful for treatment of pain and fever. He/she avoids the drugs that contain ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aspirin. The health care provider also treats you with the Fluid Replacement Therapy. The doctor advises the patient to rest, drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
Medical Treatment for Dengue Fever
Consult a doctor when you feel sick after a long journey and suffering with some of the symptoms of dengue. The doctor then performs the blood test and locates the presence of the virus in your body. From then you need to be careful in your medication and the diet at home. As the primary cause of the proliferation of the dengue fever is the mosquito. So, if you avoid the growth the dengue mosquito, you can completely prevent the spread of the disease.