- 1 Causes & Symptoms of Acidity
- 2 Home Remedies for Acidity
- 2.1 Bananas for Acidity
- 2.2 Is Ginger Root tea a remedy for Acid Reflux?
- 2.3 How will Butter Milk help to get rid of Acidity?
- 2.4 Can I use Mint Leaves to get rid of Acidity?
- 2.5 Basil Leaves as a Natural Remedy for Acidity
- 2.6 Fennel Seeds – A Natural Remedy for Acidity
- 2.7 Jaggery for Acidity
- 2.8 What is the use of Cumin Seeds?
- 2.9 Use Cloves as one of the Acidity Remedies
- 2.10 Will Apple Cider Vinegar work for Acidity?
The One feeling which makes us experience the burn inside our Stomach is acidity. There is a reason behind calling it as Acidity. When the acid levels in the stomach rise more than the level, we need. Nowadays, Most of the people face this Problem. Therefore, we provide Home Remedies for Acidity that can control the acid levels.
We have seen this Problem from the olden days but in limited age groups like adults. Now, we are noticing this issue in all the ages even in Kids. Even the babies are Prone to Acidity. Gastric Problems are mainly due to the improper balance of Acid in the stomach.
In some situations, Hyder acidic Problem leads to heartburns. Therefore, we should stay careful while eating. Not only avoiding Junk Food is enough but also eating any Food in perfect time is important. So, let us learn the Tips and Tricks that helps us to avoid Acidity Problem.
[Also Read: How to lose thigh fat?]
Causes & Symptoms of Acidity
The following are the Causes of acidity which affect our digestive system severely resulting in Gastric Troubles. Therefore, learn the causes and avoid them for better health. Therefore, see the reasons below and learn the Home Remedies for Acidity also.
- Maintaining odd timings for Food Consumption is first and very Important cause of Acidity.
- Fasting and Starving are also the reasons behind Acid Reflux.
- Citrus fruits like Lemon, orange, and Tomatoes will cause this problem.
- Junk Foods like Pizzas, Burgers, and all other Spicy and Foods with fat Content.
- In some cases, Overweight will also turn as a reason for Acidity as there is a problem of indigestion.
- The Drinks that have uric acids like Beverages and alcohol will also cause this disease.
- Medicine allergy also sometimes give us bad results and cause this Reflux.
- When we consume late night dinners, the food will take more time for digestion causing this Acidity Problem.
[Must read: Zero size Diet Plan]
Because of all these Problems, there is a chance of Ulcer Formation in the Digestive System. Once they form, the situation turns more hyper than what it is actually. So, better control all these routine activities to lead a happy and healthy Lives. So, use the Natural Acid Reflux Remedies or Home Remedies for Acidity we suggest here to get instant relief from the Burns in the Stomach.
And, here comes the list of Symptoms that we may experience using which we can identify that we are suffering from Acidity. If you identify any of these Symptoms set, just follow the Home Remedies for Acid Reflux. Still, the Problem persist then immediately Consult a doctor as it is more severe than what we expect.
Common symptoms of acid reflux are:
- Bloody or black stools or bloody vomiting.
- A chronic sore throat, Wheezing, dry cough, hoarseness.
- Dysphagia: It is a problem in which we experience the problem of narrowing of the esophagus. It creates a sensation making us feel that the food is being stuck in the throat.
- Heartburn: It is nothing but a burning Pain or discomfort that start from the stomach and hurts you at heart.
- Hiccups that don’t let up.
- Regurgitation: It is a situation in which our mouth turns into Sour or Bitter Taste.
- Weight loss for no particular reason.
[Also Read: How to gain weight faster?]
These are the most common symptoms that one can immediately notice when he/she is suffering from Acidity. Therefore, identify them soon to control the damage of the internal digestive system Layers. The damage of the intestine is very dangerous, and it will cause unacceptance of Food. But, No Problem there are many ways to solve this Health Issue.
Foods to eat
There are lot many foods that may irritate our stomach when we consume them. Even some foods may give us allergic reactions. Therefore, taking care of what we eat is crucial. Foods that we eat makes a lot of difference. So, choosing the best diet Plan is also a better option to avoid Acidic Problem, and it is one of the best Home Remedies for Acidity. Also, check the list of foods and Nutrition that will prevent this Acid Reflux Problem.
- Herbs and spices, excluding salt, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Herbal teas.
- Most of the vegetables which include potatoes too.
- All the citrus fruits that can produce acids in the stomach.
- Raw honey is the best way to suppress the Acid Production.
- Soy, such as soybeans, miso, tofu, and tempeh.
- Unsweetened yogurt and milk.
- Whole grains, such as flax, millet, quinoa, and amaranth.
[Must read: Postpartum fitness]
Foods to avoid:
The Following are the foods that we should consume in lesser quantities to control these Acid Reflux problem.
- Grains and Sugars will have a very bad effect on our stomach
- Certain dairy products also come for this reason.
- Fish and processed foods are dangerous for our health.
- Fresh meats and processed meats, such as corned beef and turkey
- Sodas and other sweetened beverages
- High-protein foods and supplements
Home Remedies for Acidity
When you feel acidity, you just go to your kitchen and pick these ingredients and follow the instructions we have provided. These are all the simple kitchen products which can be used to treat acidity easily. So make a try and get rid of Acidity.
[Also read: Whiten teeth with hydrogen peroxide]
- Ginger Root.
- Butter Milk.
- Mint Leaves.
- Basil Leaves.
- Fennel Seeds.
- Cumin Seeds.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
Bananas for Acidity
Eating bananas are one of the Acidity Remedies. Banana contains potassium in the rich amount which helps for easy digestion. Bananas contain Protease Inhibitors which eliminates the bacteria from your stomach.
It contains good sources of minerals, fiber, and Vitamin B6 which strengthen your esophagus. The fiber content in the banana works as an anti-acid reflux.
Consuming bananas will reduce the toxins in your body as well as improve the digestion. As a result, you get an acidity free stomach. So add the banana to the list of foods for acidity.
Is Ginger Root tea a remedy for Acid Reflux?
Ginger tea is one of the best home remedies for Acidity. Ginger is an ancient time trick to get rid of acid reflux. It also helps in digestion process as it prevents forming gas.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which reveal you from nausea and vomiting. The phenols of the ginger will relax the muscles of the stomach and reduce the over reacting of the stomach as well.
[Must read: Banana peel to whiten teeth]
How to prepare Ginger Tea for acidity ?
- Clean and peel off the ginger root and make the slices.
- Boil a cup of water and add these ginger slices.
- Leave the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Add lemon juice and honey to taste.
- Drink twice a day before meals to stay away from acidity.
Note: You can also add cardamom powder to this tea.
How will Butter Milk help to get rid of Acidity?
Buttermilk is a natural therapy to get rid of Acidity. From ancient times buttermilk is the basic home product which gives you relief from acid reflux.
[Must read: Remove whiteheads at home]
Butter Milk contains lactic acid which normalizes the acidity of your stomach. Moreover, it is a natural home remedy for getting rid of bitterness. You can try this buttermilk to solve the acid reflux problem.
- Butter Milk.
- Fenugreek Seeds.
How to make buttermilk?
- Blend or stir the curd by adding water, or you can also purchase the buttermilk from the local dairies.
- Grind a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds by add in a little amount of water so as you can make a fine paste.
- Add this fenugreek paste to buttermilk and stir it well.
- Drink twice a day for better result.
You can also drink plain Butter Milk several times a day to get relief from Acidity.
Can I use Mint Leaves to get rid of Acidity?
Using Mint leaves are one of the best acidity remedies. Mint leaves to improve the digestion so that you stay away from the acidity.
[Also Read: Teeth whitening kits]
Mint leaf are used as a cooling agent. It means it will reduce the burning and pain associated with the stomach.
- Mint Leaves.
Mint leaves as one of the Acidity Remedies
- Take clean and fresh Mint Leaves.
- Chop it well.
- Add these leaves into a cup of boiling water.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and stir it.
- Drink the liquid quite often for better results.
[Must Read: How to get rid of white hair]
Basil Leaves as a Natural Remedy for Acidity
You can add basil leaves r as one of Home Remedies for Acidity. Basil Leaves are also known as Indian Tulsi. These leaves stimulate the stomach and reduce the effect of acidity.
Basil Leaves contain natural antiulcer properties and reduces the gastric acids from your stomach. Regular intake of basil leaves will reduce the irritation and soreness so that you will feel relief.
- Basil Leaves.
Is Basil Leaves will effect for Acidity?
- Steep or boil the 6-8 basil leaves for 15 minutes.
- Stir the liquid and drink the tea.
- Regular intake of basil leaves will give good results when it comes to Acid Reflux.
Chew Basil Leaves:
Chewing basil leaves will give instant relief from acidity.
[Also Read: How to treat dry lips]
Fennel Seeds – A Natural Remedy for Acidity
When you feel acidity, you can go to your kitchen and pick some fennel seeds and chew it. Though Fennel seeds have pleasant and distinctive smell they reduce the burning of the stomach and give you relief.
Fennel seeds contain an element named Anethol which has the significant influence on acidity. This element will vanquish the gastrointestinal tract spasms.
Chew Fennel Seeds after Meals:
If you feel acidity after your meals, you can eat a spoon of fennel seeds and chew it.
Jaggery for Acidity
Jaggery is one of the proven home remedies for Acidity. It will become alkaline which helps in the digestion process.
Some people thought consuming sugar is equal to consuming jaggery. Bit it is not true. Jaggery has fewer chances of side effect when compared to sugar. Jaggery helps in reducing heartburn as well as acidity.
[Also Read: Top 10 super foods]
Suck on Jaggery after meals:
If you feel heavy after meals, put a small amount jaggery in your mouth. Don’t chew the jaggery immediately.
This remedy is not suggested for the people with diabetes.
What is the use of Cumin Seeds?
Everyone know the benefits of Cumin Seeds. If you are aware of the benefits, you will be also aware of benefits of cumin seeds for acidity. People from the ancient times are using these cumin seeds which is known as Indian Jeera.
Usage of Cumin seeds is one of the old Home remedies for acidity and weight loss. It is a great aid in digestion as well as help to prevent diarrhea, nausea, etc.
If you suffer from acidity, for immediate relief you can chew a spoon of raw cumin seeds. Cumin seeds are really good for acidity relaxation.
You can also drink cumin seeds water to get relief from the acidity.
- Cumin Seeds.
How to prepare Cumin Seeds water for Acidity?
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Add a tablespoon of cumin seeds in the water.
- Boil the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool and Filter the liquid.
- Drink this liquid daily to prevent yourself from acidity.
Use Cloves as one of the Acidity Remedies
Cloves contain anti-inflammatory properties which help in easy digestion. It also contains eugenol and other components like capsaicin, pinene. These elements will help in easy digestion.
[Must read: Increase platelet count with these remedies
Sometimes, low stomach acid also leads to acidity. These Cloves will help you to get rid of Acidity easily.
- Hot Water.
Chew Cloves to get rid of Acidity
Chew two to three raw cloves so that the juice of cloves will go to the digestive system. It will help you to clear the acid reflux.
Cloves Solution for Acidity Relief
- Mix a pinch of clove powder to a table honey into a cup of hot water.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Drink this liquid to get relief from acidity.
Will Apple Cider Vinegar work for Acidity?
Apple Cider Vinegar has many uses. One of the uses of Apple Cider Vinegar is it is used to get rid of Acidity.
Apple Cider Vinegar works as an alkalizing agent. This property will help you to treat stomach acidity. However, it is better to consume little amount of ACD as it will give side effects to the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
Prepare Apple Cider Vinegar Solution for Acid Reflux
- Mix two to three tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar Liquid to a cup of water.
- Stir it well.
- Drink this liquid to times a day for good results.
- You can consume this solution before the meals.
More tips for Acidity
There are some tips which will help you to prevent yourself from acidity. There are sometimes where you cannot follow these home remedies for acidity. But you can stop yourself from acidity attack. We hope these tips will help you to get rid of acid Reflux.
- Don’t lie down immediately after eating.
- Stay away from sodas and other liquids which form the gas.
- Eat smaller meals.
- Prepare a healthy meal.
- If you have a habit of smoking, try to quit it.
- Take easily digestible foods.
- Quit Alchohol.
- Maintain your BMI,
- Quit Smoking, etc.
These are the tips and home Remedies for Acidity. We hope these remedies help you get rid of Acid Reflux easily. Try to opt these Acidity Remedies and stop stomach burning at home.