Are you looking for a gentle way to whiten your teeth? Yes!!! Coconut oil pulling is the best way for teeth whitening. Coconut Oil for Teeth whitening is growing popular as one of the natural remedy used to whiten the yellow teeth. It is an old remedy rooted in Ayurvedic medicine that uses to clean and detoxify teeth & gums. Coconut oil pulling has the added effect of whitening teeth naturally and even shows that it is beneficial to gum health. It also fights with harmful bacteria in the mouth. Unlike all other harsh whitening products, these oil pulling offers a natural benefit that never increases sensitivity. In addition with this, it also helps in the removal of plaque and makes teeth white. This article gives you the information about benefits of coconut oil for teeth cleaning and How to use coconut oil to whiten teeth.
[Also read: Teeth stain removal tips]
Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening
Oil pulling with coconut oil can help in killing the number of Streptococcus mutants bacteria in the mouth and decrease the tooth sensitivity. In real, oil pulling helps in improving your oral health and prevent problems like bad breath, toothaches, and gum disease. If you have ever tried for oil pulling? You will come to know that coconut oil is quite bitter in taste. But with a unique mix, you can create the perfect and tasty way to practice this ancient tradition.
What is Oil Pulling?
The basic idea is that oil is swish in the mouth for a short period every day. This action helps in improving your oral health. Using coconut oil for teeth can detach the plaque & remove toxins without disturbing the gums or teeth. The practice of oil pulling is starting in India thousands of years ago. In my research, oil pulling was first introduced in the United States of America in the past 1990s by a doctor named Dr. F. Karach, who used it with success in his medical practice.
[Must read: Best teeth whitening kits]
Is Coconut Oil Good for Teeth?
Is Coconut Oil Good for Teeth? Does it really work? Is the common question that arises in many people. Coconut oil does not whiten teeth but helps to get rid of bacteria, which leads to yellow teeth. It also helps in keeping your breath fresh.
A study shows that the people who used oil pulling as a part of their oral hygiene over an interval of 30 days, the levels of plaque & gum disease had significantly reduced. There are different types of bacteria inhabit in your mouth, and those are responsible for oral problems. According to the recent studies, bacteria creates a fine layer that they use to stick to the surface of your teeth. This is said to be a plaque.
[Also Read: Home remedies for teeth whitening]
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening
Here are the main reasons that make coconut oil a perfect remedy for teeth whitening.
- Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening does not involve any harmful chemicals.
- It does not get any foam at the mouth.
- Coconut oil is tasteless when compared to other oils used for pulling.
- It is effective against harmful bacteria in the mouth
- Oil pulling for teeth whitening is an easier way to use.
- It is not so expensive and readily available in the market.
- Coconut oil pulling reduces the inflammation and heals bleeding gums.
- Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening also soothes your throat dryness & heals the cracked lips.
- It also strengthens the gums and jaws.
- Coconut oil for sensitive teeth also helps to gets rid of bad breath.
[Must read: Turmeric for teeth whitening]
Coconut oil pulling for teeth whitening is a very simple procedure with useful results. While the best time to use this coconut oil for oral health is in the morning. The process is so simple and can be done anytime & anywhere. Unlike other teeth bleaching method, coconut oil pulling can be used even when you have any dental problems. It’s better to check teeth infection, decaying teeth, and fillings before you start to whiten teeth with coconut oil.
[Aslo Read: Banana peel to whiten teeth naturally]
How to Whiten Teeth with Coconut Oil?
Brushing with the coconut oil will whiten your teeth and strengthen your gum. So here are the steps to use the Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening.
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and place it in your mouth. Allow it to warm until it liquefies.
- Then swish the oil in the mouth for 15 to 20 minutes and make sure that it covers all the areas of your gums and teeth. But do not gargle.
- Now spit out the coconut oil in the toilet but not in the sink.
- Later rinse off your mouth with the luck warm water and do brush as usual.
- Repeat this for few times in a week.
- Consequently, you can add coconut oil paste to your toothbrush & use it to brush.
- You can also use a clean cloth to rub coconut oil on your teeth.
Keep it in mind; coconut oil should be in solid state at room temperature. You may have to chew on it for few minutes to allow it to liquefy. Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening is best done in the morning. Using coconut oil for whitening teeth is very easy to use. You can mix it with other different products that have the same benefits for the teeth & gums. You can come up with different procedures and recipes that make the unpleasant oily taste manageable. There are some recipes on how to use coconut oil to whiten teeth.
[Must Read: Hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening]
How to Make Coconut Oil Teeth Whiten Toothpaste at Home?
- Slightly melt one and a half cup of organic coconut oil on the stove with low heat.
- Once it was melted, remove from the stove and add two tsp of baking soda.
- In addition with this, you can mix a tablespoonful of xylitol powder and any essential oil of your choice.
- Then allow the mixture to thicken and stir if it necessary.
- You can also add some peppermint essential oil for the feel of menthol freshness that comes with regular toothpaste.
- Now, clean your toothbrush, and apply a small amount of the coconut oil toothpaste on your toothbrush. And brush as usual.
- Follow this process every day for better results.
Therefore, Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening toothpaste not only whitens your teeth but also makes your teeth polished and helps in getting rid of teeth problems such as sensitive and yellow teeth. Thus it better to include coconut oil pulling in your routine life. If you follow this simple & easy process regularly, then you will observe the unbelievable change of your teeth.