Are your heels cracked? If yes, most of you may also are experiencing severe pain due to the cracks. These cracks might make you feel down to wear beautiful footwear. Don’t let anybody say “Ew! What happened to your feet?”. You can make your feet look beautiful with the best treatments for cracked feet that you don’t know. Check out the dry, cracked heels remedies and follow them.
Best & Amazing Treatments for Cracked Feet
Most of the people neglect taking care of feet. But once they get cracked heels, they start searching for the remedies. The well known saying “ Prevention is Better than Cure” applies here. So, regular care for the feet is essential. This is OK. But what to do when you get cracks in heels? The answer is that first, you should repair the cracks and then simply follow some treatments for cracked feet regularly.
[Also read: Facial hair removal tips]
Do you know why your feet cracks?
- Dry climatic conditions.
- Standing for long hours.
- Health issues like diabetes.
- Continuous exposure to water.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals.
- Wearing inappropriate footwear.
- Skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, hydrolysis.
- Deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, Vitamin E, calcium, and iron.
Treatments for cracked feet
If you do not treat the cracks, you will need to go for the medical assistance with severe conditions. So, wake up and follow some treatments for heel cracks without getting the worse feet conditions. Here we have listed the best from some of the remedies for dry and cracked feet.
[Also read: Pedicure at home]
- Coconut Oil.
- Lemon Juice.
- Rice Flour.
- Aloe Vera.
Coconut oil massage for dry heel cracks
One of the main reasons for cracks in heels is dryness. If you moisturize the dry skin, you can avoid cracks. Here is the natural moisturizer coconut to treat cracks in heels. You can use olive oil, almond oil also for moisturizing the dry feet. The procedure for making the bare feet to have moisture is below.
Coconut treatment for cracked heels
Before going to bed,
- Soak your feet in warm water and scrub the feet with a loofah.
- Now, dry your feet thoroughly and apply the coconut oil generously on the feet.
- Gently massage the oil with fingertips to provide proper blood circulation for the skin cells.
- Put on clean cotton socks and have a sweet sleep.
- Remove the socks and wash the feet with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Follow this remedy regularly until you are free from cracks.
Lemon Juice exfoliator for cracked feet
Lemon is an excellent exfoliator for dry, cracked heels. It removes the dead skin cells in the cracked areas of the feet. This makes the cracked sites clean and free from any infections. So, you can use lemon as a medication for cracked heels. Here are some of the treatments for cracked feet with lemon juice.
[Must read: Tips to remove upper lip hair naturally]
Lemon and Papaya care for dry cracked heels
- Take some quantity of papaya pulp and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Apply this paste as a mask to the cracked heels.
- Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the heels with lukewarm water.
- The lemon and papaya mask makes the cracked skin soft.
Soak your feet in lemon – heal your cracked feet
- Add lemon juice in a basin of warm water.
- Soak your feet in the basin of warm water for 20 minutes.
- Now, wash the feet with fresh water and pat it dry.
- Apply your moisturizing cream.
- Do this treatment regularly even after you heal the cracks in feet.
Since lemon is a citrus fruit, it may generate irritation to the skin. Before using the citrus fruit on your feet, check whether your skin is not sensitive to lemon or not.
Milk and honey as a cracked heel cure
When you lack the required proteins and minerals in the body, different types of abnormalities take place. Cracked feet is one of them. So, provide correct quantities of proteins for the feet naturally. We have a natural protein store of milk. Use it as a cracked heel therapy. Here is the process of using milk for cracked heel.
[Also read: Home remedies for hair loss]
- Pour 2 cups of milk in a basin and add one cup of honey.
- If you want warm milk, heat the milk a little and use it. Do not heat the milk too much as it may hurt the cracked skin.
- Soak your feet in the milk and keep massaging for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the feet from the basin and wash them with lukewarm water.
Try the Heel crack treatment with Oatmeal and olive oil paste
Most of the women use oatmeal scrub for the face. The oatmeal also treats cracked feet. People use the oatmeal bath for relieving the itchiness and burning sensation during the chicken pox attack. The similar burning sensation and itchiness comes with cracks in feet. So, we can use oatmeal as one of the treatments for cracked feet.
What all you need is
- One tbsp – Oatmeal.
- One tbsp – olive oil or almond oil.
How to do the oatmeal remedy for heel cracks?
- Mix the oatmeal and olive oil to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the paste of oatmeal to the affected areas on the feet.
- Let it work for half an hour.
- Wash it off with water.
Go with the Vaseline treatment for dry cracked heels
“Our Feet are our Body’s Connection to the Earth.” So, to enjoy the feel of the earth, you need to take care of the feet first. Here is another remedy with vaseline that ensures you the good looking feet without any cracks. Take a glance at it.
[Must read: Home remedies to treat dark neck]
Use vaseline like this.
- Before going to bed, clean your feet by soaking in warm water for some time.
- Let the feet get dry.
- Now apply the Vaseline moisturizer to the feet and massage gently to improve blood circulation.
- Wear a clean and tidy cotton socks. (Cotton allows the feet to get air)
- Remove the socks and wash your feet with water when you wake up in the morning.
Use the Banana fruit mask for cracked heel treatment
When you observe the cracks on your feet for the first time, then you can use the fruit mask for treating the heels cracking. Fruits have the enzymes that can cure cracked heels. The enzymes remove the dry skin when applied without damaging the healthy tissues. So, one can use the banana fruit as one of the treatments for cracked feet.
[Also read: Weight loss tips]
- One banana.
- Half a coconut flesh.
- Half an avocado pulp.
Do this way.
- Make the banana into a paste
- Add the coconut flesh and avocado pulp to the banana paste.
- Apply the preparation to the feet as a mask.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash the feet with warm water.
- Dry the feet and apply your regular moisturizer.
How to treat dry cracked heels with strawberries?
One more fruit that manages cracked feet is strawberry. A strawberry provides a right amount of proteins, iron, potassium, vitamin E, etc. to the body. As already stated, cracks occur due to the lack of the above-listed minerals and proteins. So, strawberry can be one of the best treatments for cracked feet. The things you need to prepare the fruit remedy for dry, cracked heels are ripe strawberries, sea salt or normal salt, olive oil or almond oil.
[Must read: Tips to lighten your neck]
- Get the pulp of half a dozen strawberries and add two tbsps of olive or almond oil.
- Now add a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this mixture on the feet and have a gentle massage for 15 minutes.
- Clean the feet with regular water and let them dry.
- Now apply your favorite moisturizer to your feet.
Make your own exfoliating scrub with rice flour
When your feet are free from dead cells, your cracks are gone faster. For this, Exfoliating your skin is important. Rice flour makes one of the best exfoliating scrubs. Most of the people use rice flour as a facial exfoliating scrub. But the rice flour also treats heel cracks.
- Take a handful of rice flour and mix it with a few teaspoons of honey.
- Also add apple cider venigar in a little quantity.
- Mix it well to form a thick paste.
How to scrub the feet with rice flour?
- Soak your feet in warm water and let them dry.
- Now apply the paste on your feet and scrub the skin.
- Wash off the feet with fresh water after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this for twice or thrice a week until you get the happy results.
If the cracks are excess, you can add olive oil or almond oil for providing some moisture to the feet.
[Also read: Get rid of bad breath]
Aloe vera cures cracked heels
Aloe vera not only applies for beautiful face treatment and good health. You can also use it for treating the cracked feet. It cures the cracks in the feel and increases the collagen synthesis. The aloe vera gel soothes the dry and dead skin. The skin gets soft texture with the amino acids present in the aloe vera.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15min.
- Dry the feet and apply the aloe vera gel on your feet.
- Leave the gel overnight by covering your feet with a pair of clean socks.
- Wash the feet with water in the morning.
Do a magic with proper diet
Like every other disorder in your body, cracks in your feet can be cured with proper food intake. First of all, avoid the consumption of junk food, as they are not hygienic. And next, know about the Vitamin E products, proteins, and minerals that are lacking in your body and are the reasons for cracks. Simply start eating those foods to get free from the painful cracks in the feet. The list of some of the foods that you can take for better-looking feet is here.
- Oranges, Papaya, Grapefruit, Tomatoes, Strawberries Pineapple.
- Sunflower seeds.
- Broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes.
- Turnip Greens, Cauliflower, Red Peppers.
- Eggs and asparagus.
Do not wait for a long time trying the remedies if your cracks are too much excessive and if they are bleeding. Realize that it is important that you consult a podiatrist immediately. Follow the podiatrist’s instructions of medication and diet carefully and get your beautiful and softer feet back.